Youth Conservation Award
The youth of Australia make significant contributions to the conservation movement through innovative projects and ideas. It is young people who can drive lasting and sustainable change; who will become the next ambassadors in environmental conservation and hopefully the successors to the current board of the Australian Wildlife Society. Australian youth can play a vital role in the conservation of Australian wildlife. The Australian Wildlife Society would like to see these special young people recognised and rewarded. We aim to inspire young people to have a stake in environmental conservation by rewarding and recognising their efforts.
The aims of the Australian Wildlife Society Youth Conservation Award are:
- Benefit the preservation of Australian wildlife by supporting young volunteers.
- Further the Society’s commitment to preserving native wildlife by supporting young volunteers in all aspects of wildlife conservation.
- Increase awareness of wildlife conservation, and attract new members to the Australian Wildlife Society.
- Reward young individuals and organisations made up of young people who do not reach the criteria for judging of the Community Wildlife Conservation Award, the Serventy Conservation Award and the Rehabilitation Award.
The Australian Wildlife Society will provide an annual award of $500 to a young individual or small organisation who contributes to the conservation of Australian wildlife. A trophy and certificate will accompany the cash award.
Applicants must be 18 years old or younger.
Applications are to be received annually by 31 December.
The applications are to be judged by Associate Professor Dr. Julie Old on the benefit of the applicants’ efforts to conservation.
Winners will be notified by mail, and full results published in the Society’s magazine.
Announcement and presentation to the winner are to be made at the AGM/Luncheon, held in March each year, along with the Serventy Award, the Community Award and the Rehabilitation Award.
To nominate a person or an organisation for the Youth Conservation Award, please download the PDF nomination form here »
» REQUIRES ADOBE ACROBAT READER TO VIEW. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FREE VERSION HERE.
To electronically complete and submit the nomination form, please follow the steps below:
- Save the PDF nomination form to your desktop
- Right click on the PDF form and select 'Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC'
- Once the document opens, click on 'tools' and select 'fill & sign'
- You will be able to electronically fill in the nomination form
- Once complete, 'Save As' and rename the document accordingly
- Send the completed nomination form to [email protected]
2019 Youth Conservation Award
The winner of the Youth Conservation Award for 2019 is ...